Monday, April 25, 2005

That's a little more like it


Really went after the guys today with a 6x500m day. Because of time, it became 5.

The last piece showed some real improvement in the heavy boat. When a rower finds their commitment challenged, they usually respond one of two ways. Either shut down, sulky and sullen in the boat or decide to go ahead and blow themselves out on one workout, as an offering to that jerk of a coach. "Here, is this good enough for you?!?"

What funny is that's what the coach is looking for. That kind of crazy, lunatic power output will win races. The guys need to understand. Go nuts, every stroke. That brings wins, not saving anything for the end.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jay how did the Novice four look? I know that Sparta's seat and foot holders were kinda broken but other then that how did it look?

Anonymous said...

Jay, that practice can only be summed up like dis... We

"put some tussin on it."

Anonymous said...

hahaha.

Jay, you should post our lineups ahead more often. I think it makes it easier that day. Plus, making lineups with our blog identities is funnier. Btw, "Barry" has an "a", not an "e".

Coach Jay said...

Novice 4+ is looking better. Guys are learning to pull hard. That always helps any technical problems. I was pleased with both novice 4s on Saturday.

I'm not sure about posting lineups that often because of privacy concerns. I will be able to give heads-up about what boats will go out, V8, VL8, N4a, N4b, VFL4, etc. That will start soon.