Monday, April 18, 2005

20 practices and 2 races

Take a good look at a calandar. That's what we've got left before Midwest. Here's the breakdown between now and then:

3 seat racing days.
3 long rows per week.
One scrimmage and one "tune-up race."

After everything the boys have been through, that's all that remains. After mid-west, we're just continuing on for fun.

It's kind of funny that I'm still having attendance problems at this junction.

If the boys are smart, there won't be any more unannounced absences. Such activities will put seats in jepardy.

Yes, I'm angry. Yes, I've got a short fuse. I see potential being fittered away by stupid actions at races and inability to get scheduling squared away. Less than a month. It would be a shame to screw up at this point, after doing so well this far.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it was me that f'ed up real bad today. I informed some guys that i would be taking a test straight after school today due to a complicated situation and wouldn't be able to attend practice on Monday, but I should have called/emailed you, since trying to pass the message on to you through others is a horrible idea. Where were you on monday by the way, i tried to tell you then. I apologize to all the guys.

Anonymous said...

By Monday, i meant Sunday...

Anonymous said...

Well, it's "official". The team's site now has what I've been dreading for days, "Lady Foxes Dominate Hoover." There is no mention of the guys team whatsoever. But seriously, before everyone starts to bitch and moan, they beat the hell out of that race. They took it away and we didn't perform to our full potential. You can say anything you want as to why they did and we did not, but honestly we need to stop making excuses, stop pointing fingers, stop shifting blame, and start showing up to practice and pulling like its our last practice every single day. We all know a certain someone who runs the site gets extreme pleasure out of posting about the girls triumphs and our "sort-of's." This is not going to end until we give him a reason, and a damn good one, to put our name up on that site over everyone else. We can do it, and it will happen. We just need to tighten up the screws and get everything in order.

Anonymous said...

Good point Drew. You've been having some pretty good posts lately.

Anonymous said...

I have been on the team for the past three years. We haven't had shit for recognition, but I think it is time to change that. To get recognition, you have to do shit. In our case, "do shit" means win. When we don't win, we have no reason to complain about the Fox Chapel Crew website. I don't like people who complain, everyone knows that. It's time to change that too. Let's have something to complain about. Let's deserve recognition. Let's fucking win.

Anonymous said...

Exactly!

Anonymous said...

Okay, now that we've all said that we have the attitude and the will to win, we have to show it. You guys think that I'm an asshole at practice a lot, but that's because I care about racing and winning and whatever it takes to do that. Screwing around in the boat, wasting time, and pissing my teammates and coach off just doesn't appeal to me (unfortunately, it does to others). I read great things on this blog, but WE HAVE TO DO WHAT WE SAY. You can sit at your computer and write that everyone needs to focus to win, etc., but then you get in a boat and start dicking around. And I think- I know- a few members of this team need to refer back to Jay's March 11 post entitled "High School, Booze, and Drugs." Read the comments about what your fellow team members have to say about it. Sadly, I also know that this comment will get laughed at by the people who really need to pay attention to it. You know who you are.