Tuesday, April 26, 2005

College is easier...

...on the coach. Selection is easier when your crew only rows 8s. It's either light or open weight, first, second or third boat.

Nobody races two events.

Nobody sculls.

Occasionally, there are 4 events. That's about it.

I'm getting a headache with schedules, selection and lineups. I sent out lineups for Scholastic sprints today, so the guys have an idea of what we're doing. I'm still up in the air about a few things at Midwest. The days are slipping away, and I'm still vacillating.

Great way to engender trust in one's crew, isn't it? I suppose it's better than blindly following one course, no matter the signs along the way. I'm giving myself until Friday's practice, when I will announce to the guys the lineups for Midwest. I'm putting that up here so they hold me to it.

College is easier.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Does this mean that the little scraps of paper all over the house with line-ups chicken scratched on them will disappear? Puh-lease!

Anonymous said...

This should have been posted with Emily's "Ice Men," but I just got the idea for it tonight. This is still just a first copy. I think I'm going to collect all the ones I do and save them- for what, I don't know.

"Ice Ice Baby"
Vanilla Ice and Foxbat

Yo VIP
Let's row it

Ice ice baby
Ice ice baby
All right- stop
Weigh enough and listen
Fox is back with my brand new invention
Something grabs a hold of me tightly
Row like a novice daily and nightly
Will it ever stop
Yo
I don't know
Shove off the dock
And I'll row
To the extreme I set a boat like a vandal
Light up a course and wax a chump like a candle
Dance don’t rush to the speaker that booms
I'm killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom
Deadly when I write a rowin' melody
Anything less than the best is a felony
Love it or leave it you better gain weight
You better row bull's eye the jay don't play
If there was a problem yo I'll solve it
Check out the shell while my coxie revolves it


Ice ice baby
Fox Chapel ice ice baby (x3)

Now that the party is jumping
With the feet strapped in and the epi is pumpin'
Quick to the line to the line no jumpin’
I'm cooking other crews like a pound of bacon
Burning them if you ain't quick and nimble
I go crazy when I hear a judge
And an air horn with a souped up tempo
I'm on a row and it ain’t time to go solo
Rollin' in my flyweight 4
With my racetop down so my body can glow
The girlies on shore waving just to say hi
Did you stop?
No, I just rowed by
Kept on pursuing to the next stop
I busted a left and I'm heading to the next dock
The dock was dead, yo
So I continued to
A-1-A
Boathouse Avenue
Girls were hot wearing less than bikinis
Rowing lovers driving Lamborghinis
Jealous 'cause I'm out getting mine
Shay with a guage and Foxbat with a nine
Ready for the chumps on the wall
The chumps acting ill because they got no balls
Gunshots rang out like a bell
I grabbed my nine all I heard was shells
Falling on the concrete real fast
Jumped in my car slammed on the gas
Bumper to bumper the avenue's packed
I'm trying to get away before the centrals jack
Police on the scene- you know what I mean
They passed me up confronted all the speed fiends
If there was a problem yo I'll solve it
Check out the shell while my coxie revolves it


Ice ice baby
Fox Chapel ice ice baby (x3)
Vanilla

Take heed 'cause I'm a lyrical poet
FC's on the scene just in case you didn't know it
My team that created all the new sound
Enough to shake and kick holes in the ground
'Cause our style's like a chemical spill
Unfeasible rows that you can’t envision (and feel)
Coached and in form
This is a hell of a concept
We make it hype and you want to stay with this
Steve rows on the fade
I slice like a ninja
Cut like a razor blade
So fast other rowers say damn
If my row was a drug I'd sell it by the gram
Keep my composure when it's time to go race
Magnetized by the mic while I focus my power
If there was a problem yo I'll solve it
Check out the shell while my coxie revolves it

Ice ice baby
Fox Chapel ice ice baby
Fox Chapel ice ice baby
Fox Chapel ice ice baby
Fox Chapel ice

Yo man let's row out of here
Word to your mother

Ice ice baby too cold
Ice ice baby too cold, too cold
Ice ice baby too cold, too cold
Ice ice baby

Anonymous said...

I wish I had time to do stuff like that. I guess I should get back to my homework.