Thursday, August 25, 2005

There is such a thing as too much

I know that I'm perceived as being a little intense. Never happy, always want more effort or training or commitment. There's always somebody somewhere doing more.

Then I thought about the schedule this weekend. Morning row at 7 on Friday. Scavenger hunt at 1:30, some guys golfing, BBQ at 3, row-a-thon at 8 the next morning, followed by a coaches' meeting, followed by a short break and another long row starting at 4. Then some stuff for Pitt on Sunday, all day.

Just a little too much time spent at the boathouse.

So I decided to cancel Friday's early row. I need the sleep, it looks like. Otherwise, I might as well move into the boathouse, because gas is killing me back and forth.

Sleep in, fellows!

Categories: , ,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

sleeeeeeeep....

Anonymous said...

I like sleep, but there is no such thing as too much of a good thing.

Anonymous said...

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

sleeeeeeeeeep

Anonymous said...

well, if you move back into the boathouse, jay, remember the story you told us today and how we stumbled upon that fellow on the dock.

Anonymous said...

Jay, i need to exercise tomorrow, I ate so much today that my family was disgusted...

Anonymous said...

I slept for 11 and a half hours!

Anonymous said...

Fox Hunt: Head to our Tuesday Post Practice Hangout for next clue