I know that we put up the tagboard so people could post on subjects not on the blog. I've really liked watching things go along there. I do have one caution:
Don't write anything on there that you aren't willing to put your own name on. Yes, there is a time for anonymity. There is such a thing as freedom of speech. However, be a man (or woman) and be willing to put your name on anything you put up there that is serious.
For the endless questions, because I'm sure there will be plenty, there was a tag post purporting to be from the women's team, downplaying the guys' contribution to the points trophy at Midwest. Unsuprisingly, the guys responded in strong fashion. I was ok with everything that was said, because it seemed that everyone's head was in the right place. Team first, shut that stuff up, etc. Good. I didn't need to intervene.
However, because Emily is the "webmaster" for this blog, she can easily see the IP addresses that go on the tagboard. It's helpful to block the various spammers of the world. She noticed the "girls team" tag was.......from a guy.
Not smart. No club needs conflict between the ladies and men. Just look at the disaster at Hampton if you need an example. I know that the guys have felt slighted over the years, but that situation has vastly improved and will continue in that direction. Stirring up the pot doesn't help anyone especially when the ladies and coaching staff read this blog.
Categories: Blogging
I've spoken to the nitwit responsible for that post. Hopefully, this will conclude such lunacy.
7 comments:
I think I speak for several of us when I say I am really confused.
drew, you speak for me
Are you confused about Jay's post or about Hampton>
Oops, that should have been Dice, I believe.
confused would definitely be the word to describe myself right now
Don't sweat it Mikey, I've been here and I still don't know what's going on...and I come here every day.
I've been living in the Canadian backwoods for a while here and I have absolutely no idea what's going on. Of course, it's still summer so I don't think I really care much. And I just watched "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle." Man, I'm hungry...
Post a Comment