Monday, July 04, 2005

If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any at all

We're in Columbus this weekend, after I got back from Philly. Long drive, but Columbus has some great stuff for the holiday. One of the more interesting is the "doo dah" parade.

Basically, all the lunatics and freaks and liberals in Columbus get out and behave like my guys do on a daily basis, only in a parade setting. Most of the groups included in this year's parade aren't for a "family" blog like this one. It's a great time.

I discovered the break-in into the van upon our return. Some **** broke the passenger window and stole Emily's purse. The lost items included our digital camera, several disks of pictures that aren't anywhere else, her cell phone and credit cards. Glass is everywhere.

What really bothers me is not only the loss of property, but also the stupidity of the person involved. Her purse HAD CAR KEYS IN IT. However, moron-boy didn't steal the entire car. He (presumed) also left my Sirius radio receiver, worth over $100.

I take such an invasion of my property rather personally. I sent the phone a text message: "Dear moron: nice going. The credit cards are already cancelled, and you left a $400 stereo in the car. Hope you like having your fingerprints in the database now."

I cancelled Emily's phone when we got back to my Aunt's house. That phone call produced several numbers that moron-boy called. Nice job, idiot, I passed those along to the cops as well. Dumb-dumb also tried to use her credit card, and it was declined.

I'm mad as hell, for several reasons. I've got to stay here in Columbus to get the car repair started. I know the cops aren't going to do anything about this, because the total value wasn't over $1500. And I know I can find this idiot without much trouble. The internet is a great thing, and dumb-dumb gave me several numbers of his friends to work with.

Categories:

More than anything, I want those disks back. There are quite a few rowing shots that I really like on those, as well as some of Will that would be lost forever. Let's go, Columbus police!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I was in Phill this weekend to!


Sorry to hear about your car.

Anonymous said...

screw the airsoft gun, get the real thing!

Anonymous said...

love not guns

Anonymous said...

no no it's "Love with guns." Man, if this had happened in pittsburgh, we could have a summer barbeque and a manhunt!

Sorry to hear about the whole mess, Jay. At least the punk's been an idiot so far.

Emily said...

I'm upset too, not so much about the cell phone and cards b/c those can be replaced. Granted it is a pain, but the important stuff like my preferred hairbrush, my Laura Mercier make-up (ask your mothers, sisters or girlfriends if you don't get it), those 2 disks and all of the pictures that we had just taken and not downloaded!

Steve, I think the 2K was planned b/c Jay was talking about it before the incident.