Yes, I know. Pictures of young Will, the Steeler's fight song and chocolate chips. Not that much about rowing, huh? Allow a short explanation. This makes no sense whatsoever, but I hope some will understand.
There are sports fans, when watching their favorite team on television, will not move from their favorite chair. They will wear the same nasty t-shirt/sweatshirt/jersey long after the smell drives polite company to another location. If the team scores just as they get up for a beer, they might stand in the same spot for the rest of the season. If anyone needs more examples, read Bill Simmons. He may cheer for the Patriots, but he's a great writer who really explains the craziness of die-hard sports fans.
Anyway, the last few weeks, I've been like that with my crews. Both teams have found the perfect winter training rhythm of rolling in, practicing hard and heading home to take care of business. Not too intense, heading for a burn-out, not too casual, just going through the motions. As a coach, I get two thoughts: either I actually know what I'm doing, or they've found this great rhythm despite my stupidity and I need to keep my mouth shut before I screw this up. There's the reason for little crew-related postings on the blog these days. I'll shut up now.
Categories: Blogging, Coaching, Misc, Training
1 comment:
ya jay, for the thing about wearing the same smelly clothes, ive worn the same pants since the bengals game, and i believe they were washed once. my mom got them from me, but aparently the luck was still within.
Post a Comment