Sunday, January 29, 2006

Up at dawn with a sick baby


Having Will sick these past few days reminded me of other times he's been under the weather. He's old enough now that he can communicate when he's feeling bad and when he's feeling better. He told us this afternoon that he wanted come orange juice. When Emily and I worried that he might throw up again he said "I not throw up. Orange juice plllleeaaassee?" Sure enough, 5 cups later, he didn't throw up. He's on the mend, though I will stay home tomorrow with him due to his fever earlier today.

The picture above was taken in the summer of '03, before I started coaching. My grandmother brought the family together for a vacation in Charleston, South Carolina. She rented a huge beach house and we stayed for a week. Will was just starting to crawl and had been very difficult to get to sleep all week. He had been a fitful sleeper to begin with, and we decided he was in a new environment and was a little "off."

The picture was taken at dawn, which is very early in June. You can see the bags under my eyes from the lack of sleep. Will had woken us up very early so we went to the beach, and Emily brought her camera. It turned out later that Will had a screaming ear infection that whole week, and slept like a stone upon getting the first dose of anti-biotic. Emily turned the shot into a great scrapbook page and framed one of my favorite pictures of Will and I together.

Categories: ,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

note to self: pictures of babies= jay becomes a softy.

Very cute pic.

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. And since we all have colds here right now...hitting very close to home.

Laura said...

That is a beautiful shot!

Coach Jay said...

Just you wait, X. Just you wait.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You are Annie's Knight for Feb.! Contact me at Queenofspainblog!yahoo.com. Pick out a mug and tell me where to mail it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Coach Jay said...

I removed this post because an Email address was posted on it, and I didn't want her to get a ton of Spam.

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I love it. Congrats on the win.

Anonymous said...

Awww Jay that's so cute. Everyone on the team is so proud of you. Don't be getting too much of a softy on us now Jay. ;)

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name
But what's puzzling you is the
Nature of my game