Well I just got back from an appointment with my Doctor, and it looks that its about time to get out the clippers. The meeting went well and the doctor said he is confident that the chemotherapy will eradicate the cancer. I begin chemotherapy next Wednesday, December 6th, and will have to undergo treatment for approx. three months. The way the chemotherapy works is that it is a combination of three drugs that will be taken through an I.V. There will be four cycles. A cycle goes like this.
Week One, Wednesday drug A, Thursday drug B, Friday drug C
Week Two, Wednesday drug A, Tuesday drug B
Week Three Wednesday drug A
Almost all of the of the sessions will take approximately three to four hours, so it looks like I will be taking a little time off from school, since the therapy takes up a large time chunk a few days a week. So some one bring the clippers I will give you all the pleasure of bring out the inner skin head. Who knows I may even support the hawk for a few weeks.
Categories: Personal
5 comments:
Chelsea's sister went through cemo and she didn't lose her hair.
I too know a few people who did not lose their hair. But if you want a mohawk we will happily give you one.
Well then lets bring out the clippers.
But on a more serious not, thanks for the update, and it's good that everythings going well.
That's an interesting chemo schedule. my grandma goes to chemo therapy every three weeks on friday. i know everyone's treatment is different, but three days in one week seems like a lot of chemotherapy. here's an interesting question: will you lose all your hair, or just on your head?
I'm a chemo-giving RN. It depends on the type and dose of chemo that you get if your hair completely falls out or not. Sometimes it doesn't even start to fall out until a week or four after your first chemotherapy treatment. Come by my blog and ask me more specific questions about your chemo if you want some more specific answers.
The most important thing to remember is that now is the time for you to take up the people who are asking what they can do to help. You're not an island; let people help you through your recovery.
And a hawk would rock.
Post a Comment