Let's see. Total predicted snow accumulation for the last three days: 2 to 5 inches. Total actual snowfall: perhaps an inch. I can still see grass in my front yard.
I know that weather predictions here in Pittsburgh come either from Accuweather or the National Weather Service. I know that the people working at these services are experts and try their best to give close forecasts. This terrible miss this morning just poured salt into a festering wound. Really, if weather man is calling for 2 to 4 inches and there isn't anything, what is a coach supposed to tell (understandably) nervous parents? Assume we're not practicing? Assume that we are? Wait until that morning and see how far off the guess was?
The problem has become the desire of local news jokers for higher ratings. One easy ratings boost is the threat of a storm, with school closings and possibly snow-covered roads. I simply can't believe the local news dizzies aren't pumping up these storms. After all, it's been a mild winter so far and they much be feeling a ratings pinch.
2 comments:
Welcome to the wonderful world of KDKA, where blown of proportion storms and Steelers coverage take precedence over everything else. Including dead people/major national news.
Yeah, but they were still the first station anywhere to be able to blow storms out of proportion!
Post a Comment