As you know, our family camped up at Lake Moraine this past weekend, staying through Sunday night. We didn't really get home until last night, and we're still unpacking. The sun really takes it out of you, and my classes started up again today.
Many are aware of the problems we've had with Harry, our cat. Seems he didn't like us leaving for the trip to Columbus, and urinated on both the master bed and guest bed. This caused quite a bit of laundry and several shots at the cat upon discovery.
When we left this past weekend, I closed off the doors to our bedroom, Will's, the guest room and the upstairs bathroom. I figured the cat wouldn't show his displeasure if he couldn't get to those areas.
I was right. He didn't pee in the bedrooms. He peed on the couch in the living room.
At this point, we're wondering if there's something wrong with him, so I call the vet and make an appointment for Wednesday morning. This was Monday.
When the family gets home most nights, we discuss our plans for the next day, and I mentioned the vet appointment. I then noticed I hadn't seen Harry in awhile. "Speaking of the vet, where is Harry?"
We searched the entire house. No cat. Then we really tore the place up. No cat. I'm worried by this point, as he might be curled up sick or worse somewhere. When we don't find him, I head outside to call for him. If all other options are disproved, than the impossible, however improbable, must be the answer, right?
No cat.
We're really worried by now, and talk to the neighbors. They haven't seen him. Finally, Emily and I are in the back, talking about the situation, when the cat appears in the other neighbor's backyard. No worse for wear, other than hungry and thirsty. He got out last night when I had the back door open, running the grill.
Emily is very happy we got him back; she says he's the best cat she's ever had. I think the rascal heard about his vet appointment and decided to really scare me.
He's still going to the vet tomorrow.
2 comments:
That's it Jay, show that cat who's boss, bust a few caps in his....you know.
all those times you shot him, you probably punctured his bladder. but the way i feel about cats, i say pop a 9
Post a Comment