Why spend the time doing a blog about my experiences coaching rowing? Why spend the time doing a blog about my experiences? Why spend the time doing a blog?
Well, if somebody makes the space available on their server and my team gets some kind of use from this I suppose it's worth it. One of the few useful items I learned from my USRowing training was the importance of communication to my team. Another method can't hurt.
Besides, I know some of them can't download my lengthy, boring and incomprehensible word documents. I'm talking about 5 to 10 pages at a time, written over weeks. Of those who claim not to be able to download, I suspect they just don't want to read something that long.
My editing will be poor, my entries themeless and wandering and sometimes won't have a thing to do with rowing. I'm sure that some coarse language will slide in here as well. If a parent sees this, I'll either lose my job or they'll understand better why their kids seem to like me.
I've been known to talk long enough to put my hyperactive two-year-old to sleep. My wife asks me to tell her stories to knock her out. Why not vent some of this onto the web and inflict it on anyone bored enough to look at this? I just might put a dent in the sleeping pill industry.
Since all of my guys spend too much time sending IMs, this might be a better way to communicate. I hope they add some comments as time goes on. This also is a little quicker than sending news to the team website, run by another coach.
So, enjoy. Or fall asleep. I have no idea how often I'll post and there won't be a set schedule. I'm not a professional writer and I've got a slow dialup connection. My computer is in the same half-finished basement as the washing machines and the cat box, right next to the furnace. You can make all the assumptions you need from there.
2 comments:
I wonder if a blog is a good way to link the younger and older generations? Writing on a blog is very much like writing in a journal. It is very soothing and cathartic, and old-fashioned. However, the technology is fabulous as it posts directly to the web.
I agree, its something new for me, but i enjoy it a lot...it fun and interesting having a place to discuss stuff with a group of people that share the same interest as you do
Post a Comment