Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Stupid Bowl

Oh, yea! This year's Super Bowl will feature the coronation of the New England Patriots. The NFC patsies will be the New York Giants. Two teams from the northeast, leaving the rest of the country with no real interesting storyline to watch. I don't believe anyone outside the northeast corridor really cares about watching the Patriots' "Drive for Perfection."

I, for one, will not be watching the game. I can think of many other interesting things to do than watch Fox put up slanted political reports for the first part of the day, followed by hours of insipid "analysis" trying to hype up the game, followed by three Eli Manning interceptions in the first half. Add in the usual terrible "halftime show" and more New England players dancing around, and this game promises to be a total snoozer. I'm predicting a total blowout, something like the real fun Super Bowls from the mid-1980s.

Care to join me in the Stupid Bowl protest? I'll be in Pittsburgh the day before, for the Three Rivers indoor sprints, hosted this year by Central Catholic. It will be nice to return to the 'Burgh for a weekend. I'll hang around on Sunday, then drive back to Cincinnati starting Sunday afternoon. If I'm lucky, I'll miss the entire game.

I just don't have the stomach to watch this. I'd rather watch people trying to lose lunch after erg tests.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You couldn't be more wrong, you should have watched it.

Stanigan13 said...

YEEEEEEESSSSS!!

Anonymous said...

Secondly, it was the most watched superbowl ever, so I wouldn't be surprised if you happened to turn it one at one point.

Coach Jay said...

Yes, I did. Have to admit it. I woke up in time for the start of the 2nd quarter, and really got sucked in.

It was great to see the Pats go down.

KGM said...

Jay,
Sorry we missed you at the Indoor Sprints. Tyler had an emergenecy appendectomy two weeks ago and is recoverying. Hope all is well - you should have watched! It was awesome!
Kathleen McConnell