I've got other stuff in the works, but haven't put anything up for awhile, so here's some thoughts.
We're on the water now, and it is a very good thing. The flow and weather have cooperated so far, despite a few REALLY cold days. Guys have made some technical progress, but I'm looking for more, as always.
But, as always, attendance has raised it's ugly face with the return to the water. One guy out sick throws the whole team into chaos. The last two days we've been missing three. The reasons are legitimate, but the results are not.
Next week will start seat racing and selection. I call attendance problems during seat racing "self-selection." But after the boats are selected, problems with practice attendance can still kill a promising season. Read this post. I learned the importance of letting a boat "gel" together a long time ago. Boats just won't win in the spring without consistant practice together. Let's get all these sicknesses out of the way now and get back to rowing.
1 comment:
Yeah, it's really a pain when you are trying to improve, but the people rowing around you change every day. Different strengths, different styles, different problems. It's especially hard when you're trying to stroke. I like Tyler behind me, though, I feel like I can rely on him to follow me.
Post a Comment