Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Slip n Slide


You know the weather has gone bad when both crazy Central coaches can't make morning practice. Just about everything in Pittsburgh is closed today, and I think the whole city is staying home. The ice/slush/rain/evil that fell from the sky last night ruined a wonderful snowfall. Now it's just a mess out there.

And now it's starting to snow again. Great. Snow, ice, then more snow. Great mix. My satellite dish is iced over and can't get a signal. It's on top of the house, and I have no idea how long that will take to thaw out. Emily and Will are not happy.

On a rowing note, I tried out a "max power" workout published in Rowing News' most recent issue. The listing described it as a very intense workout. Though the intensity of the strokes was really high, the fact the boys were able to speak afterward disappointed me. Remember, I'm in the pain business. Also, apparently I've got the most powerful novice crew ever assembled, as two boys put results into the "senior college" level. We'll see if I bring this workout back. I think I'm more interested in 8x500m.

Happy Valentine's day to everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adam and myself? Heck, I could've pulled closer to Logan's wattage if I hadn't flown off the slide.