Sunday, February 12, 2006

Toughest creature of the week

It can't be seen in this shot, but the toughest creature of the week is the frog that lives in Will's fishtank. While cleaning out the tank yesterday, we removed all the fish. The frog didn't like being caught in the net, and promptly jumped out, hitting the floor from a height of 4 feet. I couldn't see where it went, and an immediate search turned up nothing.

After getting a flashlight, the frog was observed hiding behind some electrical cords. As I reached in to get it, the frog did what frogs do: it hopped away. Readers can imagine the havoc this caused in our household, with Will wondering what all the shouting was about, Emily trying to shoo Will out of the room and Harry the cat sniffing around looking for something entertaining.

Frog was captured again, all the way across the room. He got there totally undetected by anyone; I saw it hopping after the cat. Brave and not so smart, but Harry wasn't too much better having not noticed the creature following him. Frog is back in the tank and doing fine, despite trailing several inches of collected dust bunnies into the water. I don't think the frog will be removed the next time the tank is cleaned out.

Categories: ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent point Jay. But it seems that at the moment, democracy is the next best thing. (I think.)

Look forward to reading the responses to this jay's post

Anonymous said...

oops wrong post. see jay, I am even know what I'm doing anymore.